Sunday, June 6, 2010

Steamed Vegetable Medley

Steamed Vegetable Medley

When I was a young girl, my mom would make this with a variety of veggies. I loved it and still do! I needed a side dish for dinner and had several zucchini's that needed to be used, so I came up with my own combo. It was the perfect addition and was so good that it almost became the main dish!


Steamed Vegetable Medley

1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
4 medium zucchini's, sliced
A large handful of Cherub tomatoes, whole
Mozzeralla Cheese
Salt and pepper to taste.

Melt butter and oil in pan on medium heat. Add onion and saute until it starts to caramelize. Add zucchini and tomatoes, salt and pepper. Add about 1/2 cup water and put lid on to steam. After veggies are cooked, top with a handful of mozzerella cheese and replace lid. Turn heat off and let sit for a few minutes to let the cheese melt and get oooey gooey. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment