Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bacon Covered Pancakes





Pancake Covered Bacon

I found this idea on Pinterest (chicagoist.com) and thought it would be a sure hit with my children. It was.

To make it a quick morning breakfast, I bought the pre-cooked bacon. Then I made a batter using 1/2 white flour mix and 1/2 whole grain mix. After warming up the bacon on the grill, I patted the oil off and poured the batter on top. Cook and flip like normally.





I had a few extra, so I popped them in a ziplock and will save them for another day :)
Love having ready to go food for those busy mornings. Not to mention, this is such an easy snack on the go if your in a hurry!

2 comments:

  1. Danae! That looks really delicious. I make breakfast from scratch for my kids every morning. It's our favorite meal of the day so we eat sausages, eggs, oatmeal, pancakes, french toast, waffles, etc. every morning. My kids only get cereal once a week, or as a dessert after they eat all their breakfast. I will definitely try this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I'm totally making these. Yum.

    I wish I had made you give me cooking lessons when we lived in Logan.

    ReplyDelete