Friday, May 15, 2009

Kid Friendly Chicken Enchilada's

So, I didn't intend on adding this because it is one of those recipes that you throw together last minute. However, my children gobbled these enchilada's up, so I thought maybe it was worth adding to this blog. Yesterday, I roasted probably 20 chicken breast (long story), so I had chicken ready to shred and use. This was a perfect use for it. Enjoy!




























Kid Friendly Chicken Enchilada's

4-5 cooked chicken breast, shredded
1 10 oz. can of mild enchilada sauce
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 cups of mexican blend cheese
olives
cilantro
8 flour tortillas

With a hand blender (affectionatly called the "boat motor" in my family), blend the enchilada sauce, roasted tomatoes, onion and garlic powder. Coat each tortilla with the sauce, add chicken, cheese and another spoonful of sauce down the center. Roll up and place seam side down in a 9x13. Top with left over sauce, cheese and olives. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
After you take it out, add your fresh cilantro and Enjoy!

4 comments: