Friday, August 28, 2009

Hootenanny Pancakes - A Real Kid/Crowd Pleaser

Hootenanny Pancake

I love this recipe! It takes me back to my childhood when on special occasions, my mom would make this for us. It was always so exciting to see the pancake puff up in the oven... and there were always dibs on the corner pieces with all the yummy, buttery crusts. Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as this is one of my children's favorite breakfast now. Anytime we have a birthday or holiday, a Hootenanny Pancake is what they want to wake up to.






Hootenanny Pancake
In blender, beat
10 eggs
1 C. milk
1/4 tsp. salt
Whip about 9 - 10 minutes
While the egg mixture is blending, place 1/2 cube butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish in a 425 degree oven until the butter bubbles and sputters up.
After waiting about 10 minutes for the egg mixture, gradually add 1 1/2 cup flour and continue to beat another 3 -4 minutes.
Pour the batter into the butter. Bake 25 minutes at 425 degrees. Remove and serve! The outside edges will rise up like a large souffle. Use syrup, jam or your favorite fruit topping and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only person who made Hootenanny pancakes anymore because most people call them German pancakes! We like to eat ours for dinner with fresh fruit and cool whip on top! We had it just the other night with some of our peaches while the girls had a friend over and her mom called the next morning and asked for the recipe. I sat down and typed it up and that is actually what made me think of your blog. How funny! But you're right - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - I know. I never hear anybody call them Hootenanny pancakes. For the longest time, I actually thought my great-grandma came up with that name because that is what I have always known them as. I love them!

    ReplyDelete