Friday, June 26, 2009

Chocolate Cake Balls

Chocolate Cake Balls

I have been wanting to make these delicious little morsels since the first moment that I saw them on Bakerella. I just didn't have the time UNTIL .... I recently drove down to Texas with my mom and children to visit my sister and her family. My cute niece, "S" loves to cook and she whipped out the ingredients to make these Cake Balls. I was so excited. They do take a little bit of time, but they are simple and worth the wait. These little bite size pieces of heaven will cheer anybody up.. and a little goes a long way. One cake mix makes about 70 cake balls, so package some up and give to a neighbor or throw them in the freezer ... OR you will eat them ALL!



Bake a cake (any flavor)

After it has cooked and cooled some, smash it with a fork into cake crumbs.


1 bowl of cooked cake crumbs :)

Add one container of frosting (again, any flavor.... You can get really creative with combinations)

Mix the cake crumbs and frosting together

With your hand, roll crumbs and frosting into 1" balls and chill for a couple of hours

In a double broiler, melt some chocolate and dunk chilled cake balls in and coat.

After you cover the with the chocolate, place on a parchment lined pan and top with your favorite toppings. We used sprinkles, toffee, and white chocolate


Wha La! Enjoy!

My neice takes all of the ingredients babysitting and does this as an activity with the kids. They love it and everyone can participate.

1 comment: