Monday, June 15, 2009

Chocolate Banana Cake

Today was a great day. My mom, sister and I had a day of being pampered. Pedicures, hair cuts, girl time. It was so much fun. Later on while we were thinking about what to make for dinner, I noticed a large pile of very ripe bananas. Hmmmm. So, first I thought I would make my sister-in-laws Banana Cake, but there was no yellow cake mix to be found. HOWEVER, there was chocolate! I started thinking.... I love chocolate covered bananas and I love Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, so I was pretty sure chocolate would fit nicely into the equation. I mean, really, what does chocolate not go with? I was right! This cake is moist, flavorful and delicious - especially with the vanilla glaze. It really adds a nice sweetness to the cake! It was a perfect way to end our day of pampering. After all, any day that invovles being pampered wouldn't be complete without a little chocolate ... right?

Next time you have a pile of ripe bananas and don't want to make MORE Banana Bread.... Give this recipe a whirl. You'll love it!




Chocolate Banana Cake

4-5 ripe bananas
1 box chocolate cake
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup water

Vanilla Glaze

1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. melted butter
about 1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Mash the bananas in a medium size bowl. Add the baking soda. Add the cake mix, eggs, oil and water. Mix together with an electric mixer until well blended. Pour into a greased 9 X 13 pan. Cook in the oven on 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until baked through.

Mix glaze ingredients together and pour over a cooled cake.

** I put my glaze on while the cake was hot because I was ready to taste it, but it will look prettier if you wait until it is cooled... IF you can wait!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy Danae, and it sounds like you had a great time in Texas! I ALWAYS seen to have ripe bananas around, think I'll give it a whirl! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete